February 2014 Newsletter
is a 40 page full colour magazine
full of Tristan news and features
expected to be posted to members
late January 2014
Highlights of the February 2014 Newsletter:
- Front Cover : Photograph taken from Burntwood looking NNE across the Patches Plain with Hillpiece (and beyond the Goat Ridge) obscuring the view of the Tristan Settlement.
- Alex Mitham takes the helm as Tristan's 22nd Administrator and surveys the Tristan scene - including celebrations to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the return of Islanders from the UK in Glasgow and on Tristan.
- Tristan's fund raising for Philippines' Typhoon victims
- St Mary's School News
- Tristan Family and Community News
- Article by Chief Executive Kobus Potgieter on his life and work on Tristan
- Lorna Lavarello-Smith's Ordination in Peterborough Cathedral by Alex Nagel
- Peter Millington explores a 1950 US 'Holiday' magazine article about Tristan
- Post Office News including details of recent stamp issues
- 37 Degrees South Knitwear launches 'Love Socks'
- The 2013 SA Agulhas II trip including a report from Karen Lavarello-Schreier Shipping News including a report on HMS Richmond's visit by Alex Mitham
- Albatross and Petrels on the outer Tristan Islands by John Cooper and Peter Ryan The place names of Gough Island by Sir Martin Holdgate
- Tristan News Abroad including a Tristan Song Project update from Tony Triggs Tristan Association Matters including arrangements for the 2014 Annual Gathering
- Photo Feature on Tristan Christmas and New Year Events