August 2011 Newsletter
is a 40 page full colour magazine full of Tristan news and features
posted to members in late July
Highlights of the August 2011 Newsletter:
- Cover picture – MS Oliva aground at Spinners Point on Nightingale Island from Kristine Hannon
- Extended article chronicling the wreck of the MS Oliva and its impact on Tristan's environment and economy.
- Administrator Sean Burns surveys the last six months on Tristan da Cunha
- Emergency help for victims of the Lai Ching Shipwreck
- Tristan Treasure Hunt as the island seeks to retrieve a lost chronometer and medal presented by a former US President and a King of Italy to Islanders in the 19th Century for the Tristan Museum.
- Tristan Family News
- Monsignor Michael's eventful Tristan visit from James Glass
- Tristan's Disaster Management Plan including reports from Anna Hicks
- Post Office News including the latest stamp issues from Iris Green
- Latest Tristan Souvenirs from Dawn Repetto
- 2011 visit of RMS St Helena to Tristan from including a report from Dawn Repetto
- Dawn Repetto reports on a busy season catering for cruise ships
- Shipping Schedule and news of SA Agulhas II
- Hunting the Mysterious Okalolies by Peter Millington
- St Mary's School News from Education Adviser Jim Kerr
- Publications news including a review of Jim Flint's new book Mid Atlantic Village and a Tristan Chart offer.
- Tristan Association News including a report of the successful 2011 Annual Gathering