- Organising a Visit - Fact Finding and Approval : A guide to starting to plan a visit
- Visits Planning Guide - Downloadable 87kb Pdf with detailed Terms & Conditions for Visitors
- Scheduled Ships - Travelling to Tristan da Cunha : A Guide to regular ships
- Shipping Schedule - Current Shipping Schedule and Fares
- Accommodation for Visitors - Staying on Tristan da Cunha : A Guide to Accommodation
- Visitor Excursions - Activities on Tristan da Cunha : Trips and Excursions for Visitors
- Café da Cunha - Café da Cunha in the Tourism Centre
- Tristan Golf Club - Tristan's Unique Golf Club
- Visitor Information - General Information, Medical Matters and Administration Notes
- Visiting Ships - Important Information for visiting ships and yachts
- Tourism's Impact - How tourism contributes to Tristan's economy
Tourism News Pages
- Tourism News - Keep up to date with developments in Tristan tourism
- www.facebook/Tristan-Tourism-Direct - Tourism Department's Facebook Page
- Thatched House Building - Building the Traditional Thatched House Museum
- Thatched House Opening - Traditional Thatched House Museum Opening
- Thatched House News - Traditional Thatched House Museum News
- Staying in the Thatched House - Staying overnight in the Thatched House Museum
- Volcanic Park - Paths, park and other items of interest on the 1961 volcano
- Peak Climbs - Reports and photos of walks to Queen Mary's Peak
- 2015-16 Cruises - News of this season's cruise ship visits
- SA Agulhas 2015 - Photo Report of the 2014 SA Agulhas II Visit
- Cruise Ship News 2014/15 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- Silver Explorer 2015 Visit - Photo Report of the March 2015 Silver Explorer Visit
- 2014 Agulhas Voyage - Photo Report of the 2014 SA Agulhas II Visit
- Cruise Ship News 2013/14 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- Agulhas 2013 Voyage - Photo Report of the 2013 Sa Agulhas II Visit
- Cruise Ship News 2012/13 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- Cruise Ships News 2011/12 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- 2011 Island Sky Cruise - Report of the 2011 cruise to 'Tristan da Cunha and Beyond'
- Cruise Ship News 2010/11 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- Cruise Ship News 2009/10 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- Cruise Ship News 2008/9 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
- Cruise Ship News 2005-8 - Archive news and reports of previous cruise ship visits
but make a start by reading on.........
Trips to the most isolated community in the world need to be well planned. Many would-be visitors have sailed to Tristan, but failed to land. This section seeks to provide potential visitors with the facts to make enquiries to enable them to set foot on Tristan da Cunha, and possibly one of the outlying islands, to enjoy this extra-ordinary place.
With time and careful planning a stay on Tristan is achievable - so read on -<>but don't tell the travel agents!
Tristan's isolation in statistics:
(note : distances are ' as the crow flies' - miles are statute and not nautical miles)
To St Helena - 2429 km - 1509 miles (nearest community)
All scheduled ships depart from Cape Town
Organising a visit for independent travellers
There are no package tours for independent travellers, no hotels, no airport, no holiday reps.,no night clubs no restaurants, no jet skis nor safe sea swimming. Visitors are limited due to lack of available shipping berths (only 12 on fishing vessels). Nevertheless, Tristan da Cunha is one of the world's most sought after destinations for travellers determined to find a special place.....read on, take advice, plan carefully and you can make it!
Prepare yourself for the trip of a life time to the extra-ordinary community of Tristan da Cunha.