Geo Searcher's early-season fishing voyage
Report from Cynthia Green
Passengers went on board the Geo Searcher just after 10.00 GMT on Tuesday 23rd October and the ship sailed for Cape Town at 11.30.
Passengers are: Chief Islander Ian Lavarello, travelling onwards to the UK to attend the annual Overseas Territories Joint Ministerial Council in London later in the year; Social Worker Andrew Dawson and visitor Steven Taylor.
MV Geo Searcher departed Cape Town at about 9.30 pm local time on Saturday 18th August 2018, with the following passengers aboard: Islanders Joan Repetto, Andy & Lorraine Repetto, Geraldine, Chantelle & Katie Repetto, Adrian & Sammy Swain; Ovenstones' Craig Bergh, Dentist Penny Granger & daughter Elika Granger and visitor Peter (Tony) Crossley.
The passage was delayed by bad weather and eventually arrived at Tristan on Tuesday 28th August at 7.40am GMT and passengers with their luggage came ashore shortly afterwards, but poor sea conditions prevented any cargo being offloaded.
The Geo Searcher trip starts the start of the 2018/2019 outer-island Tristan Lobster fishing season as the vessel will proceed to Inaccessible, Nightinagle and Gough Islands after off-loading at Tristan.
2018 SA Agulhas II Visit
|Report of the annual voyage of the SA Agulhas II, which arrived at Tristan on the 12th September 2018.
2018 SA Agulhas Voyage
Report from Cynthia Green
39 passengers for the Agulhas started boarding by helicopter just after 1.00pm om Friday 5th October 2018 and the ship sailed for Cape Town at 5.30pm.
The ship was diverted back to Gough Island on Saturday 6th October to assist with some refrigeration problems and left Gough on Monday 8th October at 13.30 GMT. Therefore the vessel will be delayed in returning to Cape Town where she was due to arrive on Wednesday 11th. ETA is expected during the morning of Saturday 13th October.
SA Agulhas II departed Cape Town on Friday 7th September 2018 (a day later than scheduled) at 4.30pm C/T time and arrived at Tristan on Wednesday 12th September, when passengers were safely offloaded during the morning.
There were 41 Tristan-bound passengers aboard SA Agulhas II, including returning Administrator Sean Burns and his wife Marina, 7 other expatriates and their partners travelling to take up posts on the island and 11 returning resident islanders. Others will return on the October Agulhas return trip to Cape Town and include 11 island family visitors and 10 other expatriate workers and visitors. Therefore the island is busy preparing to welcome everybody for what is always a hectic period of about three weeks in early spring.
September - October Edinburgh Voyage
|The MVF Edinburgh departed Tristan for Cape Town on 27th September 2018.
Stamp issue: Wreck of the Mabel Clark, 1878
|This set of stamps commemorate the 140th anniversary of the wreck of the US ship Mabel Clark on Tristan da Cunha on 1st May 1878.
MFV Edinburgh June-July Voyage 2018
|The MFV Edinburgh departed for Cape Town on 11th July 2018.
Tristan da Cunha Shipping Schedules
|Schedules and fares for the few ships that regularly travel between Cape Town and Tristan da Cunha.
May - June MFV Edinburgh Voyage
|The MFV Edinburgh departed Tristan for Cape Town on the 13th June 2018.
MFV Edinburgh's March-May 2018 Voyage
|MFV Edinburgh departs Tristan on 28th April for return to Cape Town
- MV Plancius's 2018 Visit to Tristan (17-Apr-2018) >>
- RRS James Clark Ross visits Tristan (3-Apr-2018) >>
- Cruise Ship Ocean Adventurer Visits Tristan for the First Time (28-Mar-2018) >>
- MFV Geo Searcher's February-March Voyage to Tristan (19-Mar-2018) >>
- Le Lyrial's March 2018 Cruise to Tristan (19-Mar-2018) >>
- Visit of the MV Silver Cloud to Tristan on 13th March 2018 (17-Mar-2018) >>
- Page Updated: Tristan da Cunha Regular Ships (10-Mar-2018) >>
- Visit of the yacht Caprice (6-Mar-2018) >>
- MFV Edinburgh's January-February 2018 Voyage (20-Feb-2018) >>
- Stamp issue: Visiting Royal Navy Ships (20-Feb-2018) >>
- Visit of MY Cloudbreak (17-Feb-2018) >>
- Revisit by the Motor Yacht Enigma XK on 31st January 2018 (4-Feb-2018) >>
- First Visit of the Cruise Ship Seabourn Sojourn (3-Feb-2018) >>
- Geo Searcher Fishing Voyage Update (2-Feb-2018) >>
- Visit of the yacht Nina Pope (24-Jan-2018) >>
- Page Updated: Tristan da Cunha Cruise Ships (19-Jan-2018) >>
- The MS Europa 2 calls at Tristan (15-Jan-2018) >>
- Argos Vigo's fishing trip (9-Jan-2018) >>
- Last Voyage to Tristan by the RMS St Helena (9-Jan-2018) >>
- Governor's Visit to Tristan da Cunha (8-Jan-2018) >>
- RMS St Helena departs Tristan for the last time (7-Jan-2018) >>
- MFV Geo Searcher's November - January Fishing Trip (6-Jan-2018) >>
- RMS St Helena arrives at Tristan (4-Jan-2018) >>
- RMS St Helena 2018 Trip Update (3-Jan-2018) >>