The Tristan da Cunha Association
working to support the Tristan community
|The Tristan da Cunha Association Website Page links are displayed below :|
- 2018 Annual Gathering - Mark the 7th April 2018 in your diary and reserve hotel rooms.
- Association News - Keep up to date with Association Matters
- Tristan Education Trust Fund - Information on the Charity dedicated to providing Education and Training opportunities for Tristan Islanders
- Trust Fund Raising - Latest information on Trust Fund projects
- Association Committee - The current committee and meetings
- Newsletter - Information on published and planned newsletters
- 2013 Book Project - 2013 book to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the return of Islanders after the 1961 volcanic eruption and evacuation to UK
- Association Shop - Information on membership and association products
- Membership & Order Form - A printer-friendly page to email or post your application, order or donation
- 2017 Annual Gathering - Report on the 2017 Annual Gathering
- 2016 Annual Gathering - Report on the 2016 Annual Gathering
- 2015 Annual Gathering - Report on the 2015 Annual Gathering
- 2014 Annual Gathering - Report on the 2014 Annual Gathering
- 2013 Annual Gathering - Photo Feature on the 2013 Annual Gathering
- 2012 Annual Gathering - Photo Feature on the 25th Anniversary Gathering
- 2011 Island Sky Cruise - Cruise to Tristan da Cunha and Beyond
- 2011 Annual Gathering - Photo Feature on the Southampton Annual Gathering
- 2010 Annual Gathering - Photo Feature on the Southampton Annual Gathering
- 2009 Annual Gathering - Report on another successful Southapton event
- 2008 Annual Gathering - Report on the Southampton Annual Gathering
- 2007 Annual Gathering - Report on the Southampton Annual Gathering
- 2006 Annual Gathering - Report on the Bournemouth Quincentenary Annual Gathering
- 2006 RMS Cruise - Report on the historical 500th Anniversary Cruise
- Allan Crawford - A tribute to the work of the late Allan Crawford for Tristan da Cunha
|The Tristan da Cunha Association was formed early in 1987 and officially launched at an inaugural meeting at the Royal Geographical Society in London on April 15th that year.|
The Tristan da Cunha Association exists to serve the people of Tristan da Cunha in whatever way they request and to foster good relations with them, also to promote interest in the Tristan archipelago with its unique fauna and flora. In doing so, it is hoped to encourage friendship amongst its members.
The Association is organised by a committee of members elected at the Annual General Meeting held in Southampton during the Annual Gathering held on the Saturday after Easter every year. Membership is open to all who have an interest in Tristan da Cunha and consists of Tristan Islanders (resident and overseas), former expatriates who have worked on Tristan, and many visitors and friends throughout the world. The committee publish a Newsletter twice yearly which is distributed free to members including all Tristan families.
Membership and Products
New members are always welcome to join this unique association. Follow the link to the Association Shop page which gives details of membership, a range of products and link to an order form in easy-to-print black and white format for you to print out and return. Members are sent newsletters twice yearly, binders and additional copies can be purchased, and tickets can be booked for Association events.