Situations Vacant on (or associated with) Tristan da Cunha
We publish here any Tristan da Cunha job opportunities.
Advert for post of Tristan House Manager
Tristan da Cunha Government
Vacancy for post of Manager of Tristan House in Cape Town
Tristan House Manager - Job Descrition and Application Information
Tristan House is a building owned by the Tristan da Cunha Government. Located in the Gardens area of Cape Town, it contains a mixture of bedrooms and self contained flats and has a garden a small swimming pool.
The role of the Tristan House Manager is varied and flexible. A proactive approach is essential for this job
Core duties include the following:
- Maintain the buildings, pool and garden
- Maintain the vehicle and ensure periodic services are carried out
- Ensure the furniture fittings and equipment are always accounted for and in good condition
- Assist Government employees or dependents when on official business/medical appointments with transport arrangements and where necessary visa applications and medical appointments
- Transport Tristan da Cunha visitors and/or other visitors, between Ovenstone vessels in the harbour and Tristan House
- Deliver collect packages/luggage to/from the local shipping company when required
- Assist Tristan da Cunha visitors with ad hoc needs at Tristan House, inclusive of a shopping trip twice weekly (time permitting)
- Liaising with the Tristan da Cunha Administration, manage bookings and visitors at Tristan House.
- Manage bookings and visitors at other accommodation when Tristan House is fully booked
- Ensure Tristan House visitors are fully settled and have supplies for basic needs during their first few days at Tristan House.
- Manage the Tristan House accounts.
- Liaise with service providers with regards to bills and timely payments when due.
- Ensure that Tristan House is clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested from Tristan da Cunha Government, including dealing with security call outs and emergencies at the Tristan House property
We are looking for someone who is proactive and able to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including islanders, South African government officials (e.g. immigration), medical staff and suppliers, to name a few. Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are essential. We would consider employing a couple on a job share basis. All applicants will need to have the appropriate documentation such as visas and work permits to allow them to work in South Africa.
Further details are available from the Administrator email@example.com and applications should be submitted by Friday 2nd June 2017.
The role will require the post holder to work flexible hours.
The salary is 14,000 Rand per month.
Two teaching jobs advertised for 2017
The Government of Tristan da Cunha advertised two teaching vacancies in the TES on 26th April 2017
Edited information below:
St Mary’s School has just 23 children aged between 3 and 16, and 6 teachers. The average class size is 4/5.
Personal and communication skills are essential tools as is the ability to work with the local team and community. A flexible approach is also needed. The successful applicants will also embrace the demands of Tristan’s unique setting and history and show a willingness to integrate with the community and share their skills.
The school follows the UK curriculum.
Tristan is one of the United Kingdom’s Overseas Territories and is the world’s remotest inhabited island. There is just one village where the population of 260 live. This is an opportunity to work in a unique community where you will have a chance to make a real difference. Visit www.tristandc.com for further information on the island.
Two Island Teachers required and consideration will be given to appointing a couple. Start date: Autumn 2017 or earlier.
Post 1: Senior Teacher (English language and literature)
The Senior Teacher will help provide and develop leadership to the school, develop the English language and literature curriculum and deliver teacher training. Some teaching will also be required. The successful applicant will have experience in teaching English up to IGCSE.
Post 2: Maths teacher (with Science and/or ICT)
The maths/science/ICT teacher will help develop the curriculum, deliver training and teach up to IGCSE in maths. Ideally, the successful applicant will also be able to deliver training and teach either ICT or science up to IGCSE level.
Attractive package available including free accommodation and travel. Salary negotiable dependant on experience and qualifications.
Duration: 2 year post with mid-tour leave after one year.
Applications to The Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert for Agriculture Adviser gains international interest
|An advert for an Agriculture Adviser for Tristan received a lot of press coverage worldwide.
Past Job Vacancies
- Conservation Posts on Gough Island (1-May-2016) >>
- Five Teachers (1-Jan-2016) >>
- Governor of St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (1-Jun-2015) >>
Advertisements have appeared for the posts of:
- Chief Financial Accountant,
- Commercial Officer,
- Tristan da Cunha Government UK Representative,
- Assistant to the Tristan Government UK Representative,
- Manager of Tristan House in Cape Town,
- Education Adviser,
- Senior Teacher/Teacher Trainer,
- Director of Public Works Department,
- Director of Medical Services
We have also advertised RSPB jobs for various posts in conservation.
Other job adverts have included Executive Director of the United Kingdom Overseas Territories Association