February 2015 Newsletter
44 pages of Tristan news and features
posted to members at the end of January 2015.
- Front Cover Photo features the 2014 Remembrance Ceremony by Robin Repetto
- Remembrance Sunday feature linked to recent stamp issues
- Eight Page Fishing Feature including EU Lobster exports, MSc for James Glass, Development of the Tristan Fishery from James Glass, recent Marine and Fisheries Research by Rob Mrowicki and Charles Kilgour and recent marine discoveries.
- Administrator Alex Mitham's Six Monthly Review
- Valedictory Report from Chris Bates MBE featuring the successful Joint Ministerial Conference and Chief Islander Ian Lavarello's 2014 UK visit.
- St Mary's School News from David Clarke.
- The HMS Challenger Expedition Feature Part 1
- Tristan Family News.
- Tristan da Cunha Cemeteries by Dawn Repetto
- Tourist Feature including prices and tips for planning a visit.
- Book Reviews from Ian Mathieson
- Burns Night Supper Photo Feature
- Sir Martin Holdgate summarises Michael Swales' 60 year association with Tristan da Cunha which led to the recent award of BEM
- Tristan Association Matters including the 2015 Annual Gathering
- This, That and The Other back page Photo Feature